Friday, April 6, 2012

Florida Adventure

We went with Brandon to Florida for a business trip the last week of March. We drove down on a Thursday and had to fly back on Monday morning so the kids could go to school and I could get back to work. We were at the airport at 3:55am, plane took off at 5:15am, I was at work at 7:30am, kids were at school at 8:30am, and we had to go to ballgames.  Emily's was a 6pm and Abigail's was at 7pm, we were home and doing homework at 9:30pm, and in bed by 10pm.  It was absolutely exhilarating!  Kids were amazing and earned money for being such good travelers for me.  Abigail slept from 4pm Tuesday evening until 6am Wednesday morning to make up for all of this.

Brandon had to drive back on his own later in the week. Poor thing took 10 hours to get home because of traffic and I rubbed in my 1 1/2 hour trip home! 

We had a nice get away and a good start to our summer tan! Here are a few pictures from trip. It looks like this blog site is going to become just a place for pictures... I will try to do better eventually.
This is the view I had just over the top edge of the book I was reading.

Walking to find a restaurant.

Emily spent her allowance money so her and Abigail could sit on a real gator they pulled out of the water.  My mom would have screamed if she would have seen this in real life!

Abigail wrestles the gator for photo fun.  I was actually afraid it would take off back into the water with her before she got done with it!
Brandon and I enjoying Downtown Disney.  This is just a shopping place revolved around everything Disney. 

My world.  Enough said.

Me and my baby chicks at Downtown Disney.

The girls join in a LEGO statue err.. display?

Emily and I after Brazilian supper

One good looking (and full) family after Brazilian Buffet

Our family 4 1/2 hours before we needed to be at airport... We squeezed every second out of this vacation.  That's the Burnette way.

No comments:

Post a Comment