Monday, December 6, 2010

We have had a wonderful start to the Holiday Season. We went to Maw Maw Kaye's for Thanksgiving and had a great meal. I actually won a Butterball Indoor turkey fryer and it came in the mail the day before Thanksgiving. We fired that baby up and used it to deep fry a whole turkey and a turkey breast. It did a really good job-I would have to say it is one of the best things I have won off of the radio! Thank you Bob and Sheri! I only took one picture the entire day. Abigail had made a pilgrim costume at school and I got a picture of her with her Great-great aunts Ruby and Ernie. Later that night we went to see Brandon's mom and stepdad. We had a late night and I went to bed at 11:30 and got up at 4am to go to Belk and JCPenney before work. By that afternoon I was exhausted and for the rest of the weekend I felt like a zombie.



That Saturday after Thanksgiving we had some friends over for a weinie roast. We just had a little fire over at the shop to roast the weinies and marshmallows on. Afterwards we went to the house and brought out all of the Rock Band stuff up that we haven't played with in months. We distracted the kids with a movie in the basement and the adults got the band going again. We have never been able to do good with the drums and Amanda showed us how to get it done. She was the best drummer we have ever had! I think Brandon will never want to play them in front of her now that he has seen how good she is! Of course the kids came up and joined after the movie and we played till after one in the morning. It reminded me of the late nights with Amy and Brian on New Years Eve! Nothing beats a good band practice!


Brandon and I took our annual trip to Charleston SC on December 4 and had a good time as always. We had a wonderful room at the Lodge Alley Inn. We always stay there and it is always interesting to see the room because they are never the same because of the way the building is. There is nothing cookie cutter about it! We had a big split room that was divided by a wall that held the gas logs. I even have a pole in the bedroom! No No No, not a pole for dancing, just a pole, but we did get some laughs out of it! We visited our favorite oyster bar Pearlz and went to some other restaurants we hadn't ever went to before. 


Abigail the pilgrim girl with her two great-great aunts Ernie and Ruby on Thanksgiving

Brandon and me posing in front of fireplace at the Lodge Alley Inn

Abigail before the Christmas program

Sydney with her big sister Taylor (Abigail and Renae's 8th grade buddy)


Renae and Abigail-the Kindergarten divas

Abi and Kelly

Monday night after we got home we had to go to Abigail's Christmas Program at school.  We had supper and rushed out of the house as I snapped a few pictures.  The pictures turned out good, but Abigail still had spaghetti on her face.  Oh well, that's life!  She had a cute little program and I have to say I had one of the cutest girls in the crowd!  I was so glad to get home from Charleston to see my girls.  I have lots of special activities planned for the holidays and I can't wait to get started.  Hope you enjoy these pictures and more will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment