Friday, December 17, 2010

Santa Claus is coming to town!

Oh my goodness, less than 10 days till Christmas and I feel like I am forgetting something or someone!  Please forgive me for not sending out Christmas cards this year.  For some reason this year I am emphasizing cookie projects and making edible goodies (yay for my waistline).  I have the week of Christmas off at work and I have all of these wonderful ideas about what I want to do with the kids while we are all at home for the Holidays. Ii want to make reindeer and Santa Claus cookies out of Nutter Butters, Star stacked cookies in the shape of a Christmas tree, and of course the normal Chex mix, white chocolate pretzels, and ritz crackers with peanut butter covered with chocolate.  Abigail and I have already made 2 batches of Chex mix and we started some pretzels Wednesday.  I guess if I forgot someone's gift I could just buy their love with homemade goodies. 
Kayden, Olivia, Abigail, and Renae (not sure of the 2 little boys' names)



I haven't even taken the time to go have a family picture made.  I wanted to do this back in the summer and it never happened.  Then I thought we would just do a Christmas picture and so far that hasn't happened.  I guess we will just depend on my amateur photography skills for collecting the Holiday snapshots.  I was able to take the kids to see Santa on Tuesday and we do have a picture of them with him so I have done one traditional thing this year.  Tuesday I only worked a half of a day so I could go stay with Abigails kindergarten class while they watched Polar Express and had hot chocolate and popcorn.  Boy was that an eye opener!  Thank goodness there are people suited for that kind of work.  I would never make it a week under those conditions.  Of course there are the really good kids that listen and don't complain and can sit still for more than 45 seconds at a time, so I guess those kids give you hope!
Check back soon because I plan to show some more of our Christmas fun plans as we encounter them!

No comments:

Post a Comment