Sunday, September 20, 2009

Abigail's mean streak

On the 10th day of school Emily came home and told me that Abi got in trouble on the bus and Mr. Mike had to talk to her. Apparently a little girl told Abi to bite her finger and put her finger in Abi's face and Abi bit it. Well, I have spent the last 4 years trying to make Abi do what she is told, so what can I expect? Ha Ha Well, we had a talk and she said she would do better. The next day they came home and Emily said Mr. Mike didn't see this, but Abi had squeezed someone's neck until they couldn't breath. I told her no TV of playing games all week. Then the girls went to the basement to play and Emily came up with her camer/video recorder and showed me what Abi had done. Emily had been using the video recorder and Abi attacked her and choked Emily and it was all caught on tape! MY GOD!! What has happened to my cute little innocent girl? She is an animal! We had another talk and I let her know I was not happy with her.
This child does have a sweet kind heart, I promise. A few days later I was in the basement on the elliptical when Abi wanted to know if everything dies. I told her that they do if they were living to begin with. They she said "I want to know what things feel like." I said "Like touching things to see what they feel like?" She said "No, like I want to know what they feel." She pointed to the wheelbarrel in the basement and said "Like that thing, I wonder what it feels." I suddenly understood what she meant. I told her that it doesn't feel anything because it was just metal. I said if you took a hammer to it, it would not scream, but me or her would if the same was done. We had a lond conversation about this and she now understands between living and non-living. She knows living things usually experience the world with their senses like, seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, and touching. Abigail and I spend a lot of time together by ourselves in the basement while we are exercising and Emily is reading her book in her own little world. We seem to have these deep conversations at least once a week and it is amazing to follow her cognitive development and watching her put pieces of the puzzle together. She is an amazing little girl and I love hearing her little voice talk about the wonders of the world. Anyway, I hope to continue to have these moments with her because I really enjoy being a part of our discussions. Besides, one conversation like this and a
mother can forget about a choking incident! HA! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment