Sunday, June 3, 2012

Tweetsie Railroad

Girls on the porch of the Canyon restaurant at sunset.


My girls found them a couple of cowboys!

Sir Topham Hat



Trying one on for size


This was a hilarious thing and I wish it had video coverage.  Brandon decided to feed the emu by hand.  We had seen a sign that said Beware of feeding animals by hand.  They may nip.  Brandon had fed it by hand and it bit the palm of his hand when it grabbed the food.  I snapped the picture right as he was yelling and jerking his hand away. 


So you would think that we would have already taken our kids here before now, but we haven't.  The last time Brandon and I went was about 15 years ago when we took my nephew Tyler.  I won tickets on the radio about 2 weeks ago, but it was for Thomas the Tank Engine featured days only.  So being the frugal person I am, I thought this is our chance to go if we want to avoid the $112 it would have costed to get in.  We went up Saturday evening and got a hotel, went out to eat, and played in the hotel swimming pool until they closed it down.  Then we spent Sunday morning at Tweetsie.  I actually can say I know what Sir Topham Hat looks like now!  Haha!  The kids even had there picture made with them and the only time we have ever seen Thomas on TV was at our friends house.  So we were surrounded with all these families with little boys that were all dressed up in Thomas apparel and carrying their little souvenirs.  We rode the train, the chairlift, and some carnival rides.  We walked around the petting zoo and had lunch before leaving for the day.  We weren't all that thrilled, but at least the kids have been to Tweetsie now.  We swung by some of the outlet mall stores before we left Blowing Rock and then headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment