Sunday, November 20, 2011

Busy Weekend

We have had another marathon weekend.  Friday I was off work so I was off to go to the kids' school for cafeteria lunches.  Two of them.  I made a Wendy's run so they would have something different for lunch.  Abigail was first and we sat with 2 of her friends Colby and Danny.  Second lunch was with Emily and 2 of her friends, but we were quarantined to the opposite side of the cafeteria because we had "outside" food so we only got to sit with her friends the second half of lunch.  Haha! 
Friday night we had supper with Brandon's mom and the kids spent the night with her because Brandon and I both had to work Saturday.  Saturday after Brandon got home we turned around and went back to Charlotte for the Auto Show.  And no, I didn't take the camera there, so no pictures.  We left there and walked around downtown Charlotte and came across a Buffalo Wild Wings.  We stopped in for a late night supper.  We had seats right where Abigail could watch Ultimate fighting, a football game, and a Saw movie.  She somehow kept up with all 3 of the shows and would tell us when something exciting would happen.  She also informed me that the city had more tornadoes than out in the country where we live.  I have no idea where she heard this or even if it is true.  She was hoot that night for her adventure to the city.  It was like taking Ma Furr to the city, you get to see things in a different perspective. 

Sunday morning we went to church and left there and went to the Renaissance Festival.  The kids love it, but Brandon and I aren't really into it anymore.  We won tickets and that is really the only reason we made it this year.  Both of our girls "dressed" for the occasion and had fun.  I am always amazed at the stuff that can be purchased there.  This year for $20-30  you could have latex elf ears put onto the tops of your own ears and they would paint over to blend them in.  They looked awesome. but $20-30 bucks?!?  I mean really!!!  They also had a table of notepads and journals that had pieces of paper sewed into them.  Wow.  You could also pay $10 for a pint mason jar and put colored sand in it.   Nice.  I guess the camel ride for a family of 4 for $20 was a bargain, I don't know.  We did buy Abigail a belly dancer head piece with flowers on it and Emily got a huge feather ink pen.  We bought our normal Renaissance food-roasted corn, turkey leg, and pickle, but that was just about all we unloaded our money on.  Brandon made the comment that Denton Thresher's Reunion was his Renaissance Festival and there was something to actually look at there.  I am not big on that either.  I don't know what my "thing" is.  I guess I would rather someone give me a few hours for a Target, Kohls, and JCPenney trip...  Just think was those neat elf ears could buy me when I stacked my Penney's discount on my "Gold" Card!  I could get an entire outfit! 

Well I guess now we are going to gear up for Thanksgiving week.  There is so much to be thankful for.  We are healthy and have a roof over our heads.  We are so lucky to have a supportive family that helps us keep things moving forward.  Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Abigail fixing to take the jump


Their knight in shining armour. 
Isn't that cool-they had Chuck Taylor's during the Renaissance era? 

Abigail with her upside down headpiece...


Me and my 2 favorite "ladies"

Abigail at home in her belly dancer costume...

My Renaissance girl

No comments:

Post a Comment