Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Happenings!


Abigail had a waterful birthday!  We had about a dozen kids there even though some of our friends were out of town.  This seems to happen to poor Abi every year since her birthday falls near a holiday.  We also had two families that we are friends with out of town with their kids to play at the State Softball tournament so we will excuse them this year.  Haha! 










We just got back from the beach and I think all 4 of us are glad to be back.  We did have fun and the girls were able to do lots of fun things while we were there.  It just bothers me that you drive all the way to the beach and all they want to do is go to the pool.  I can drive 15 minutes from home and have them at a pool!  If I am at the beach, I want to be ON the beach, but I am the only on that feels that way I guess.  The water was too rough to get in and while the lifeguards were on duty at the beach there was no swimming signs out.  Depending on which lifeguard was out there you could only go shin deep to make waist deep if they were not looking.  The water was the roughest I had ever seen it and at waist deep it would beat you and pull you to death!   We did spend one day at the Alligator Adventure place.  I personally thought it was a waste of time and money, but Brandon seemed to like it.  The best part of that day was watching a dead alligator being eaten by 2 other ones!  I am not sure if the public was supposed to see that or not...

I guess we will gear up now and get ready for our summer vacation to Georgia.  Can't wait to spend some time with the Johnson family and catch up with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment