Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekends at Morrow Mountain

Abigail tries her hand at photography


Enjoying some Lance crackers


Sisters on the trail


Me and my world


Posing on the bridge


Taking a rest at the top of a grueling path


Trying to get the group back up after a rest


Nature's balance beam
We have spent the last 2 Sundays hiking at Morrow Mountain.  Last Sunday we did about 2.5 miles on a strenuous trail and we had such good weather again this weekend we headed back there again today.  This time we stopped in Albemarle and got a big bucket of KFC and had a picnic before we hiked.  We were planning to do the 4.1 mile loop, but about .5 miles in we found out it was closed, so we turned back and went in from the other end and it was closed .4 miles from that end.  We just circled around the group camp sites and made our own trail and then we found a .6 mile loop trail to go on.  Abigail is the "pace car" on the trail.  She will take off on a trail and we have to keep up with her.  It is nice to finally have kids that will hike without complaining and we really do cover some ground.  It was really nice to enjoy some beautiful weather with the family. 
Brandon has this mustang shirt with the horse racing and this is just what he was doing Thursday night on Hwy 49 when a state trooper happened to see him parade by going 70 mph.  He got a speeding ticket and has to go to court on April 15.  I guess he was trying to finish off his week to make my week not seem so bad.  I had a horrible experience that I had to endure Tuesday and Wednesday and it's something that I never ever want to have to go through again.  It's nothing to do with our health or families and on the grand scheme of things I guess it could have been worse, but none the less it was very nerve racking and scary.  Some things just make you want to quit your job and go hide under a rock where no one could ever find you!!!   Thank goodness we have a vacation coming up.  I live for vacations! (and to wipe Abigail's bottom-for those of you that follow my blog)
I did have a good birthday and Valentine's Day.  I got a Montana Silversmith necklace and earring set for my birthday and we went to the Thai House for dinner where the kids loved the food they got, so now Sogo's had competition for Emily and Abigail's favorite place to eat.  On Valentine's Day I got a gift card to massage envy and if I would have been thinking I should have used it Wednesday evening!  So I have something to look forward to next time I need to relax! 

1 comment:

  1. So sad to hear about your rough week and Brandon's speeding ticket! Yikes! But glad to hear you had a great birthday! Love to hear about the Burnettes' adventures! You 4 are always up to something!

    ReplyDelete