Sunday, August 29, 2010

Abigail's 1st day of school

Well we made it through the 1st couple of days of school.  Abigail loves her classroom and her teachers and Emily can't seem to get enough of it either.  I am so proud of them for doing so well.  They are so go with the flow kind of kids.  Several people have asked me if I cried or if I was sad about sending my baby off to Kindergarten.  It's bad to say, but No, I am not.  I get excited for them, but I am not a crying sentimental mom about those kinds of things.  Don't get me wrong, I watched Emily struggle through a season of softball and one game towards the end of the season I watched her get two players out in one game and I got teary eyed because of this.  If either of my kids get really hurt I cry along with them.  So I am not completely cold hearted!  School is a big deal, but I don't worry that I am" losing my baby".  I am planning on enjoying every phase of their lives, not just their baby phase. 
We couldn't find a hard lunch box for Abigail.  I can't stand those soft one because if they get milk spilled in them you can never completely get rid of it and it ends up stinking.  Brandon had his lunch box from 1979 up in the attic and he told her she could use it.  I went and dug it out and wiped it down and she was good to go.  Abigail didn't seem to mind that it was different and at school their were so questions about why her daddy's name was on it.  She was able to tell them the story of how she inherited the antique lunchbox.  I think she is proud of it!  I can almost bet that no one else has one like it!  
So this coming week the whole school thing will get into full swing with real homework and an actual 5 day week, so we will hope that it goes smoothly!   

No comments:

Post a Comment