Sunday, December 1, 2013

November Flew By!

November has brought about some changes in the Burnette household.  I went back to work on November 4 at a lab in Rock Hill (PCLS) where they are trying to start up a cytology department within their laboratory.  It already consists of a huge toxicology department and a genetics department.  We haven't received specimens yet, but I am in the process of learning new equipment which includes an imaging system and an HPV gene testing "machine".  Its an interesting company and so far it doesn't have any cons except its location!  Employees bring dogs on Fridays, there is free Keurig products, and Krispy Kreme is always in the break room!  That's just what I need!  AND...I was pleased to be able to take the Thursday and Friday at Thanksgiving off...WITH PAY!  YAY!!!  I am hanging in there and finding different short cuts every day to make my commute a little better.  It beats sitting at home wondering if I would ever go back to work again.

So later in the month we had Emily's 12th birthday party at Wayne's World Skating Rink.  She seems to pick this place every year and it always has a good turn out. 
Group skating picture.  One of Emily's friend had already left before I thought to do group picture.

 
We had a family pizza party at our house on her birthday.  Thanks to Paw Paw Jerry and Maw Maw Kaye she is now the proud holder of a Lifetime Hunting License.  She is in a Sportsman Club at school and seems to enjoy whatever it is that they do.  We just need to get her out and hunting so she can put some meat on the table!
 
Abigail, Mark, and Emily playing in leaf pile.  This is an timeless fall pastime!

 


My brother Chad, with his granddaughter on Thanksgiving

Deck the Dartboard!  I had Lab Corp garland to use and thought this would be a jolly place to put it!





This is my Lab Corp inherited Christmas tree.  I have decorated this tree for many, many years in our Cytology department at Christmas time.  I promised everyone that I would decorate it this year and send them a picture.   I decided to put it in basement where we spend a lot of time and we normally don't have any decorations down there.  So here it is!  (Right next to the hot water heater!)  Hahahaha!
 
So here we are gearing up to the Christmas and New Year Holidays and all the eating and shopping that go along with it.  Stay tuned for our next adventure!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment